Friday, March 6, 2009

70 degree snow


The weather changes often in TN. As with most places people joke that if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes. This week that was especially true as I was travelling in Memphis this week. I started the week with a snowy day in Memphis. Some places, including where I was staying, got a foot of snow. As with any large snowfall it takes days to melt it all. Snow drifts can get very high and sometimes take a week to melt. This week was no different as snow was everywhere while later in the week I was wearing T shirts in sunny 70 degree weather. It was an odd feeling the snow and the spring warmth. Eventually all of the snow melted, but it made me think of how I grew up in Memphis.


I think people are like the snow, the longer you stay somewhere the longer it takes to get used to somewhere else. Just like the snow takes a long time to melt and may be totally out of place, but they are there just the same.
I was glad to see old friends this week and get another dose of Memphis snow, but I am even more glad to be home with my family because that is where my home will always be.


No comments:

Post a Comment