Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A real giggle loop

I make jokes, that is how I handle things. Anytime I am in a situation that I feel uncomfortable in I withdraw and make a joke. It is the curse of the giggle loop. If you don't know what the giggle loop is then think of the last time you were at a funeral, in a wedding, or sitting next to someone who just got horrible news. Then, out of nowhere something funny pops into your head. You know you can't laugh, but that makes it that much funnier. You try and try, and then let out a little smirk and giggle, then you realize you have let it out and start laughing. This is why I was never really great as a Fire Chaplain in Marion. Once I was at a fire scene and was helping move a body into a bag. Yes that kind of bag, and you know what happened. Yep.

The giggle loop is my bodys way of relieving stress in a stressful moment. You think of the worst possible thing to say in any given moment, and try your hardest not to say it. I try to find funny in any situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKjkPgVQcE

No comments:

Post a Comment