Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blood and Pain

This week we got the news that Mary Anne has breast cancer. We have wonderful friends, a great church family, and two great families to lean on during this time. We have been married almost 13 years. I love her more than I could ever say and I never want to see her in pain.


I realized the difference in blood and pain when I drove an ambulance. I have seen bodies burned, crushed, ran over, children dead on the street. Things I will never forget and sometimes still have trouble dealing with to this day. Yet, I never got queezy, never felt sick. Then when Faith was being born they stuck a needle in Mary Annes back and called it pain relief, and I almost fainted. It is different when you know the person.

My biggest two fears about the cancer is not that something bad will happen to Mary Anne. I have faith in God and the doctors that everything will go well with her surgery. My fear is that I will not be able to handle her pain, or I will say something wrong trying to be funny (see earlier post).

No comments:

Post a Comment